What is the recommended engine oil for Audi A3 USA models? How do I choose the type of engine oil?
My friend let me use his car for a few months (mine was wrecked in an accident). I would like to give it back to him soon, but first I would like to change the oil in it. What type of oil does an Audi A3 use? Thomas, Utah
It would be nice to know when the car was built and what engine it was fitted with.
- If the car was built between 2004 and 2013 with a gasoline engine, it is likely that 5W-40 engine oil is suitable
- If the car a 2.0 L A3 TDi diesel (103 kW) (2009 – 2013) , it is likely that 5W-30 engine oil is suitable.
- If the car an A3 1.8 TFSI quattro (125 kW) (2014 – 2016) , it is likely that 5W-40 engine oil is suitable.
- If the car an A3 45 TFSI quatro (170 kW) (2018 – 2020), it is likely that 5W-40 engine oil is suitable.
- If the car a hybrid A3 1.4 TFSI e-tron (2015 – 2018) , Audi recommends 5W-40 engine oil.