What is the recommended engine oil for Acura MDX? How do I choose the type of engine oil?
The type of oil that goes into an Acura MDX depends on when the car was manufactured and with what engine. It is important to know exactly which model it is. The car’s owner’s manual contains all the necessary information for the oil change. For example, a 5W-20 oil is suitable for a 2005 MDX 3.5 liter engine (engine code: J35A5).
What you need to know to choose the right oil:
- model/year of manufacture (2001-2006, 2007-2013, 2013-2020)
- Motor code (J35A5, J37A5, JNA2, etc.)
- equipment level of the car (Sport, AWD, etc.)
Engine oil types:
- Acura MDX, YD2 (2007 – 2013): 5W-20
- Acura MDX, YD3 (2013 – 2020) (USA): 0W-20
- Acura MDX, YD2 (2021 – ) (USA): 0W-20
- If you have a 2012 Acura MDX with a 3.7 V6 engine, choose a 5W-20 motor oil.
- If you have a 2017 Acura MDX with a 3.5 V6 engine, choose a 0W-20 motor oil.
- If you have a 2021 Acura MDX with a 3.5 V6 engine, choose a 0W-20 motor oil.